Are you searching for a practical enthusiast for your project?
I speak the languages of both engineering and aesthetics, being
perfectly positioned to formulate the path of a feasible product with customer experience in mind. My preferred work is fullstack development. I'm using the best tool for the job, be it a reliable framework or the latest web features.
Neither impressive interfaces nor blazing performance are the solution, but the
balance between a maintainable implementation and
I am an in-progress computer engineer with a deep passion for the worlds of frontend, design and deployment. Keep scrolling if you wanna know why, how and what I work on!
What is my tech stack?Languages
Aalto University, Finland
MSc. in Security and Cloud Computing, Sep 2021 - Present
School of Science
University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
BSc. in Computer Engineering, Sep 2017 - Jul 2021
Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
Erasmus+ Exchange Student in Computer Science, Aug 2019 - May 2020
Technical Trainer, Sep 2018 - Jun 2020
- Contributed as a technical trainer by creating resources and delivering presentations at four editions of a web-technologies workshop, based on Angular, with a total of 80 participants.
- Contributed as a designer by creating the branding, designing and implementing the website and creating the social media posts of a mentorship program for university students called Techtor.
- Contributed as a technical trainer at a mobile development workshop for 20 young children.
LSAC - Automatics and Computing Student League
Graphic Designer, Feb 2018 - Feb 2019
- Created posters and graphics for the student association events, with a reach of 3000 people and set the creative direction to a LSAC organised hackathon.
- Managed the fifth HackITAll edition, a student hackathon supported by Amazon, in the position of the Design Project Manager.
- Mentored new members and trained them through an Introduction to design workshop.
Trainer, Sep 2018 - Jun 2019
Participated twice a month as a trainer at workshops for primary-school children where we taught basic programming using online tools, mainly Scratch.
Aalto Science Institute
Research Assistant in Human Computer Interaction department, Jun 2021 - Aug 2021
- Worked on a Vue app, that scores a given website (screenshot or URL) on a set of UIX design metrics researched in the Aalto User Interfaces department. I have upgraded Webpack configurations and frontend dependencies, implemented result dynamic plotting and improved backend logging.
- Created a Figma plugin that communicates to the user a set of color palettes generated by a machine learning model that could improve their design. I have modeled and written the backend application using FastAPI, I have decided the data interfaces and collaborated with integrating the model.
Postis, Bucharest, Romania
Junior Software Engineer, Sep 2020 - May 2021
- Analyzing customer post-delivery text reviews in order to discover trends and associate them with business issues.
- Implemented internationalization and managed the frontend of a SaaS web platform.
Frontend Developer Intern, Jul 2018 - Sep 2018
Managed a delivery tracking web application of over 50 000 orders, using Git versioning, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Grunt and proprietary REST APIs. Fixed interface bugs, shortened the load time by removing 7 unused dependencies and added 5 new client functionalities while pushing over 75 commits. Reduced main app size by 20% and an order tracking page by 90% by using ES6 instead of jQuery.
Inkscape, Google Summer of Code 2020
Remote Software Developer, Jun 2020 - Aug 2020
Developer for Inkscape, a vector design desktop application that follows the SVG standards. Worked on a C++ dialog system refactoring project, with over 120 commits, 6000 lines changed, reducing code length by 10%. The resulting change eliminated more than 12 active UX issues. Implementing the new dialog system consisted of removing old dependencies, standardising a design pattern and propagating document state. Specifically, this included over 20 features.
Inkscape, Google Summer of Code 2019
Remote Software Developer, May 2020 - Aug 2020
Etsimo Healthcare Oy, Turku, Finland
Junior Software Engineer, Jan 2020 - Jun 2020
From NextJS to Astro
Migrating vanntile.com from NextJS to Astro and how I let go of React in favor of static site generation.
How to make a composited typing animation with Tailwind
Creating beautiful animations using Tailwind can also be efficient, by turning the width-based animation into transform-based ones.
How to properly start a dockerized Express project
There is a significant amount of scaffolding needed to be done when starting a new Express project. I present my tools for your convenience.
You can find me here and there. I recommend you message me 📨 on Mastodon.